Complete the following:
1. Show how to use a public telephone.
2. Describe how to make an emergency call, and what you would need to tell the emergency operator.
3. Receive directions or instructions to do something. Check with the information provider that you have understood and then followed the directions or instructions.
4. Arrange for someone that you know to give you a call. Take down the message, making sure that you have all the relevant details.
5. Find out about and show you can use at least three of the following: fax (facsimile) machine, answering machine, mobile phone, email, text messages, pager or voice mail.
6. Complete any three of the following activities:
- Make a verbal, taped or a newsletter report of a local event either past or present.
- Make and maintain a link with another Cub Scout Pack using tapes, videos, letters, email etc. for an agreed period.
- Find out how people with a visual or hearing impairment communicate (e.g. Braille, Makaton or British Sign Language). Learn a simple phrase in an alternative form of communication
- Tell a story about an experience you have shared with your Leaders and other Cub Scouts. Make sure that you communicate clearly and that those listening are following the story.
- Hold a simple conversation in another language.
- Write and decipher three simple messages using codes, ciphers, invisible ink, or semaphore.
- Memorise a short message and re-tell it 15 minutes later.
- Pass a message to someone using amateur radio